How can I reset my iPhone? Are you experiencing issues with your iPhone or do you want to sell or give away your phone? Resetting your device may be the right option to go for. it means wiping the data on your iPhone, without leaving anything behind. If you are experiencing issues like freezing or glitching, resetting it to factory resetting might help solve the problem.
Resetting your phone to factory settings will take it back to the original self it came with; no playlist, pictures, password, or anything else you have added since you purchased it. However, before going through the resetting process, it is very important to back up your device data and information, so you won’t lose them. Once you reset the iPhone, you can then restore the data with your backup.
This guide is on how to factory reset your iPhone even if you don’t know the password to your Apple device. We will only focus on the process you can do without any third-party software and use steps that can be done with iOS own software and apps.
Check Out >>>> Best Bluetooth Speakers for 2022/2023
How to Reset your iPhone
Just like I have mentioned above, it is very important to back up your data before setting your iPhone to factory reset. And make sure you sign out of your Apple ID before you wipe it. Here are the steps to follow to back up your phone to iCloud, sign out of Apple ID and reset it
Back Up your iPhone to iCloud
- Launch the settings app and clack your name and the Apple ID at the top.
- On the Apple ID page, click on iCloud.
- Click the iCloud Backup option.
- Click the toggle for “Back Up this iPhone” to turn it on. When it is on, it will have a green background.
- Select “Back Up Now” to back up all your data to iCloud.
Sign out of Apple ID
- Launch the settings app on your iPhone and click on your name and Apple ID at the top.
- Click on the sign out at the very bottom of the page.
- You may be prompted to enter your password. If you are, enter the Apple ID password and then click Turn Off at the top right corn. This will turn off the Find My iPhone feature.
- Click Sign out at the right corner.
- Successfully confirm your decision by clicking sign out again if asked to do so.
Factory reset iPhone
- Launch the setting app, go down, and click “General.”
- Tap Transfer and Reset iPhone, at the bottom of the General page.
- To factory reset iPhone, click Erase All content and settings.
- Click “Continue” to confirm that you want to reset your iPhone.
- On the next screen page, enter your password.
- Your phone will now create an iCloud backup. If you already go through the backup process, just click on “Skip Backup at the bottom.
- Type in your Apple ID password and click on “Turn off” in the right corner/This will turn off the Find My and Activation lock feature.
- Now, click “Erase iPhone” to delete the entire content and settings.
This will take some minutes depending on the data stored. But once the deletion is completed your device will start as new.
Check Out >>>> Best Sports Streaming Service for 2022/2023
How to reset your iPhone without your password using iTunes
Just as you can see from the previous steps, you will have to enter your device password when you want to factory reset your iPhone. If you can’t remember it, you can solve the problems using iTunes. Here is how to;
- Connect your Apple device to a computer with iTunes
- Launch iTunes, and tap on the iPhone icon on the top left corner of the window
- In the left side menu, click summary
- Tap “restore iPhone.”
- iTunes will ask if you want to back up your Apple phone settings before restoring it. Depending on what you want, click on either Backup or Don’t Back up
- Tap “Restore and Update” to confirm the decision.
iTunes will now erase your device and then install the iOS latest version. Your phone is now as good as new.
How to reset your iPhone without your password using iCloud
If you enabled Find My iPhone on your Apple device, you can easily reset and erase the data through iCloud. Before using this process, you are required to have your Apple ID and password on the device you want to reset and another iOS device that can help receive verification codes. Follow the below steps carefully to factory reset your iPhone using iCloud.
- Make sure you back up your phone, if you don’t want to lose everything that is on it.
- Go to iCloud.com on your web browser and sign in to your iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- Once you have signed in, navigate to “Find iPhone” and choose the iPhone you wish to reset.
- Click the “Erase iPhone” Option to successfully reset your Apple device 8.
What if I don’t have an Apple ID password
If you have signed into your iCloud account but forgot your Apple ID password, you can go through the rest iPhone process without an Apple ID password. All you just need to do is open the settings app on your iPhone and Navigate to “General” “reset. After that, select Erase all content and settings. Put down your iPhone password for the lock screen and tap on “ Erase iPhone’’. Note that this only works when you have already signed into iCloud and disabled Find My iPhone.
How do I force my iPhone to reset?
To perform a forceful action to reset your iPhone, you can press and immediately release the volume up button. Then, press and immediately release the volume down button. Afterward, you can press and hold the side button. The Apple logo will appear and then you can release the side button.
How do I factory reset my iPhone without a passcode?
To do a factory reset on your iPhone without a passcode, all you need to do is press and hold the volume buttons and also the home button at the same time.
Check Out >>>> The Best Solar-Powered Security Cameras for 2022